Saturday, August 13, 2011

Rattlesnake

Yesterday I stained the window frames to be ready for our shutters to be installed on Monday. Today I painted the varnish coat. This afternoon as I finished the last window, I looked out and right in front of me was a rattle snake. I told all the guys and Dad, the hero of our home, wasted no time in disposing of him. Normally we're fine with rattle snakes around because they help keep the mouse population down, but when they get too close to the house, they've got to go. Plus with a dog outside all the time, it's not worth the risk. 


 I love it when men take dominion =)




 When Russell picked him up, his body began to contract and curl up. It's amazing how their bodies function even when they're dead. 

2 comments:

  1. Ehh! I hate snakes. It is no fun when they are close to the house. You aren't expecting them there! That one was big too. Ugh!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was squirming just reading about it!

    ReplyDelete