Saturday, August 27, 2011

Boys Becoming Men

Out of all the things that excite me and make my heart smile, watching boys become men is one of them. Most of the time it's something that happens by degrees and sometimes goes un-noticed, but sometimes there are certain milestones in a boy's life that put them a step closer to manliness.

For the three banditos of the Spencer household, their goal has been to catch a rabbit and make rabbit stew. Until today they had had no success, but as they played Davy Crockett they happened across a rabbit whose fate was in their hands, and boy did they intend to kill it. One arrow stunned the little cotton tail who just flopped on his back and squealed. A second arrow shot much closer, finished him off.
 Two Indian Warriors 
 Davy Crockett 
Even "enemies" have a common interest. 
 I'm not sure yet if this was Flopsy, Mopsy, or Cotton Tail
The Mighty Hunter

ps. I am not sure the rabbit will end up as stew.... 

Also, we do not promote killing for sport, but taking dominion is completely different.

5 comments:

  1. It's Flopsy, for sure...

    ... though I can't imagine that Miss Potter counted on such a grisly end for one of her literary creations. ;)

    Nice job, guys. Now go kill a bear. Be sure to take pictures and chronicle the event in detail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, good for them! I am not sure I would have the same response, but for some reason they don't enjoy tea and dresses as much as I do, so I should give them a break.... :D:D Thankfully their sister is understanding as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The things that happen when I'm away... :-) You are such a wonderful big sister. I hope the boys know how blessed they are!

    ReplyDelete