Sunday, October 2, 2011

Twenty-three Minutes at College

Twenty-three minutes. No book. Of course the one week I'm early I forget a book. The familiar voice repeats the words I've heard so often since I learned to read "Spencers always take a book." Just when you think you know best, you realize how much smarter your parents are. "Better to have it an not need it than need it and not have it." Yes, yes. I know that too. *Sigh* Ok, from now on. I'll bring a book. Until then, I'll put this pen and paper to good use. Pounding music hardly audible, drowned by the hum of chatter. I look around. A sea of faces, each one different and unique. A majority of red and black. What else do you expect at a college but the school colors? The smell of pizza and burgers reminds me I didn't eat much lunch. Backpacks, laptops, ipods; the essentials of college life. College students, yet so many of them see like mere children. I thank God for parents who raised me to love the Lord. Seventeen minutes to go. Even in this crowded, busy S.U.B. I can see, feel, and hear the feminism that has crept into almost every corner of our culture. Women, strong and powerful, leading and directing the guys.  Effeminate boys, rather than manly men, willingly giving up their God-given, God-ordained roles. It makes me cringe. I am so thankful for my guy friends who are manly men. I see weak, child-like, immodest, and unhappy people. They are all so lost. They are living in the city of man with no knowledge of the joy that comes with dwelling in the City of God. Five minutes. Better get to class. Finally!

3 comments: