Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Ok, so the title maybe a little cliché in the blogging world, but I like it anyway and I'm going to use it. Regardless, I think it is important to express our gratitude to God and to other people. There is so much to be thankful for, but it is often so much easier to be negative; grumbling when things don't go the way we planned. It takes effort and intentionality to focus on the simple joys and blessings in life. When you stop to look, there really is a lot to be thankful for! Here is the beginning of what I hope will be a long list of blessings and things that make me smile. Join me in the challenge, whether in blogging, journaling, prayer, or just your thoughts, to spend a little less time grumping and more time praising God for the numerous gifts He gives us each day.

1. A beautiful, warm spring day
2. Sewing with my sister
3. Amazing homemade arrabiata sauce
4. Game night with my older siblings and parents
5. A brother with a great sense of humor
6. The beauty of life: grass, deciduous trees, and flowers
7. A multitude of friends who encourage and support me in my decisions and endeavors
8. The unfathomable grace of our Lord and Savior

2 comments:

  1. Marissa,
    There's nothing cliche about being thankful, especially when you're giving thanks to the One Who gives us all we have. Wonderful list, my friend! Love you!

    Trisha

    THIS IS NOT INK SLINGER! LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....i would be the last to read this...I'll have to get back in the habit if reading blogs since I have the time now! great idea to post them Risse. I know I started to...but that died a while ago. I'll have to rejuvenate that. <3 thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete