Friday, December 2, 2011

Homemade, Cozy Fashion


I made a birthday present for a friend of mine this week and I was very happy with how it turned out. The black is a knitted circular scarf which I've seen around quite a bit this season. The flowers are crocheted and attached to barrette clips. They work great for hair as well as on the scarf. The clip easily slips right through the knitting. 


I've seen flowers like this all over but decided that I could make my own, so I bought some felt, and elastic headbands and there ya go. This is one of the projects I was using the stash of buttons in the previous post for. 



7 comments:

  1. So beautiful Marissa!! I love the circular scarf! It was very creative to make them removable/re-positionable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sooo beautiful!! Love that it's circular, that's just cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative and lovely craft ideas, Marissa!
    Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very pretty!! You are so very talented and creative!!! Can I have some of your thoughts???? Someone will be blessed!
    God Bless you sweet lady.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, I like your new background! very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, so somehow my comment didn't go through a couple days ago when I tried commenting on here. Who knows... any how, I absolutely LOVE the scarf, and since I got to see it in person, I can write a 'professional' review... haha! It is really cute, seriously. And the clip on flowers is such a great idea! Totally love it. :) Keep up the good work with your creative ideas!!

    Love ya! Sarah

    ReplyDelete